Winters in Tysons Corner can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home in this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are fashioned to complement your home and add warmth to your entryway. Each Pella MidAtlantic collection offers a different style for your Tysons Corner home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to a home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is best for your space? There are lots of advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are additional factors you should discuss:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door matchless. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors usually require an overhang, so you will want to consider that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors may help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even decrease noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It is also easy to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep them looking their best, they require ongoing painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are wanting an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors team about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Tysons Corner showroom or book an appointment with us online.