Fall is upon us in Tysons Corner, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Tysons Corner a call at 301-354-3689 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!